- HOLLOW EARTH RADIO is proud to present the world’s first ever Time Travel Museum and a one-of-a-kind Time Travel Party in Seattle, WA. The museum will open on October 21st, 2015, and remain open until the party on November 7th, 2015.
- The Time Travel Museum will feature artifacts and evidence of time travel, as well as local artists’ interpretation of the theme. The museum will be hosted at Hollow Earth Radio’s headquarters in the Central District. The opening ceremony for the museum, on October 21st, will feature live performances by Swooning (featuring Briana Marela) and WLISPS, as well as time travel lectures.
- The date of the opening ceremony was chosen to coincide with the landing date of Marty Mcfly in Back to the Future. Also come see the new Making of: Back to the Future special free happy-hour screening at Central Cinema Friday Oct 23 at 5:00.
- The Time Travel Party was inspired by theoretical physicist, Stephen Hawking’s failed attempt to entice time travelers to a similar event. “I have experimental evidence that time travel is not possible,” he said. “I gave a party for time-travelers, but I didn’t send out the invitations until after the party. I sat there a long time, but no one came.” Hollow Earth Radio has decided to make it’s own attempt at throwing a party for Time Travelers, however in this case they aren’t just waiting until after the event to send out invites.
- The Time Travel Party, on November 7th, will feature performances by The Fabulous Downey Brothers among other artists, the creation of a time capsule, and more surprises. Hollow Earth Radio hopes to attract travelers from all eras and timelines to attend this event.
- Both events are part of an upcoming fundraising campaign to help Hollow Earth Radio purchase an antenna and other necessary equipment to begin broadcasting as KHUH. Hollow Earth Radio is a Seattle-based freeform online radio station that recently received a low-power fm license.
- For more information about Hollow Earth Radio and the upcoming events, please contact the organizers at email@example.com or visit the following sites:
Join Minneapolis film maker John Ervin for a free Happy Hour screening of his new project THE TIKI WAR on Monday, June 29, at 5:30 pm!
THE TIKI WAR: “Mad Men” meets “Breaking Bad” in this exploration of mob-ruled Chicago, rum-soaked Cuba, post-war Korea and pre-Kennedy Washington.
Over the course of one busy, bloody hour, the night before President Kennedy’s inauguration, “The Tiki War” follows three rival club owners and two luckless entertainers as they battle over territory, honor, heroin and Cuba’s most potent rum.
For more info on “The Tiki War” go to www.thetikiwar.com.
Of course you want to GiveBIG this year! Why not do it in style? We’d like to invite you to enjoy cocktails and camaraderie with us to celebrate Seattle’s giant day of big-hearted giving. A trio of cool Theater companies and all their friends will be having a very special happy hour in the Cinema tomorrow.
Van Alan and the Cast & Crew of ECHOES invite you to a screening of their new short film, shot in and around Renton. They are taking over Happy Hour on Sunday August 11th at 5:30. A young family living in the Pacific Northwest encounters a dark, supernatural presence when their son goes missing in the nearby forest. But all is not what it seems in this haunting short film.
Since most of us are not pulling down hedge-fund manager style bonuses, we thought it would be fun to do something crazy fun and nice on the wallet. We have introduced 99-cents nights where the last show of some movie we like will be on super-sale. The first one is tonight for Empire Records at 9:30 and the next one is Howard the Duck on Wednesday May 1st. Both are popular movies but we just wanted to do something silly as we close the runs of these shows. Keep your eyes peeled for more of these nights. We are planning on breaking out the bargain movies a couple of times per month. It’ll be a flashback to when you were thirteen and going to the $1 matinees, except it’s at night now and you might not remember thirteen…. Anyway you like it, enjoy the savings as now you will have more cash for beer!